– ANTWERP Lecture: Elly Van Eeghem and An van. Dienderen at the Summerschool on City Aesthetics and Citizenship organized by the Antwerp University CityLab.
– GHENT Keynote Dialogue between Christina Stuhlberger, Effi & Amir and An van. Dienderen at the Participatory Video Festival (Ghent University).
– PAMPLONA Public conversation with Trinh Minh-ha at the Punta de Vista Festival.
– GHENT Tussen feit en fictie. Artistiek onderzoek onder de loep. Op het Wetenschapsfestival georganiseerd door Arteveldehogeschool, HoGent, KU Leuven, LUCA School of Arts, Odisee en Universiteit Gent.
– GHENT On “Lili”: Questioning China girls through the production process of film. At the Critical Ethnography Research Seminar. Centre for Research on Culture and Gender (Ghent University).
– HELSINKI Performativity in Documentary Film on “The politics and Poetics of Documentary film”, Research Symposium.
– GHENT Invited lecturer Is there (still) an Ethnographic Turn in Contemporary Arts? with Kris Rutten, at the Summer Institute organized by the Association for Cultural Studies (ACS) with the theme: “Critical Literacies”.
– GHENT Invited artist talk Who is looking at whom? Who looks like whom? Japanese teenagers and ’80ies idols for the Conference Gaze is us! Organized by Ghent University’s S:PAM (Studies in Performing Arts and Media) and Kunstencentrum Vooruit, as a part of the third festival “The Game is Up!”.
– LONDON Invited lecturer “Le Belge n’émigre pas” Constructing a reversed perspective on migration for Dilemma and Decision: Ethnographic Filmmaking in the Making. International Centre for Contemporary Cultural Research, Royal Anthropological Institute, Host:Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations.
– MAASTRICHT Invited lecture Scattering of the cherry blossoms, An Ethnographic avalanche op Artful Encounters: on ethnography, art and conservation Seminar, organized by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Maastricht University, Research centre Autonomy and the Public Sphere in the Arts / Zuyd University and the Virtual Knowledge Studio.
– KYOTO Invited lecture Nello and Patrasche, western samurai? at the workshop: Visualizing “Japan” with Anthropological Knowledge, Kyoto University Hosted by Commission on Visual Anthropology (CVA) and Kyoto University.
– BERLIN Invited lecture Dog of Flanders, transcultural spaces at “Yet Another Media Conference”, at the Collegium Hungaricum Berlin in the framework of EMERGEANDSEE with support from the study programme “European Media Studies” of the University Potsdam and the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam.
– GHENT Chair of the Panel Histoire culturelle et Histoire de la musique with Didier Francfort, Audrey Roncigli and Jean-Sébastien Noël (Université Nancy II) op Orientations, Inaugural conference of the international society for Cultural Theory.
– MANCHESTER Playful Correspondence between Artists and Anthropologists on TEXT? Image: Voice: Sound: Object. Synaesthetic and Sensory Practices in Anthropology Conference, organized by the Granada Center for Visual anthropology, University of Manchester.
– GHENT Discussant of Faye Ginsburg at: ‘Making Sense in the city’, Symposium organized by CICI.
– BRISTOL Eurocentric interpretations of art versus multicultural practices at EASA (European Association of Social Anthropologists).
– BERKELEY Invited lecturer Multiliteracy in a community arts project in Brussels at UC Berkeley Conference on Dutch Literature: ‘Dutch Literature and Culture in an Age of Transition’.
– LONDON Authorship between a Collective, a “Chief” and a Plural Site. Comparative Ethnography of Authorship of a Community Based Film Project and a Feature Film by Trinh Minh-ha and Jean-Paul Bourdier at the Annual Conference of the Society for Cinema and Media Studies.
– VIENNA Collectivity on Screen. Multivocal ethnography of a community arts project in Brussels at EASA Conference (European Association of Social Anthropologists).
– FLORENCE Potlach in filmprodcution at “Humankind/Nature Interaction: Past, present and Future“, XV IAES 2K3 Conference organized by the International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences.
– BERKELEY Presentation personal documentaries at the Program Graduate Colloquia Series of the Rhetoric Department and Film Studies at UC Berkeley.
– SAN DIEGO Challenging familiar mental spaces. An analysis of Yslaire’s work at the 9th Annual Comic Arts Conference. Comic-Con International, San Diego, California, organized by Henderson State University.
– SAN FRANSISCO Public Spaces, a Visual Anthropological practice at “Visual Culture Conference. A future for the Anthropology of Visual Communication” – American Anthropological Association (AAA).